Williamsburg, Virginia – The Williamsburg Police have officially launched the Stuff the Cruiser Food Drive for its second year.
The department started the food drive on Friday at Aldi located at 1504 Richmond Road. They will continue the food drive and ask the community to donate non-perishable food items.
They will be collecting donations from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Food Lion located at 1234 Richmond Road.
Food will be distributed to families in need before Thanksgiving.
This is the second year in a row that the department has hosted Stuff the Cruiser. Last year they filled four cars with donations.
This year, the department is also encouraging donations for pets on behalf of the Human Heritage Society.
Acceptable pet items include:
• Canned food for cats, kittens, puppies and dogs
• cat litter
• Treats dogs and cats
• Dog and cat games
• Anti-Bacterial Hand Soap
Beginning this Thanksgiving weekend, Williamsburg Police will begin their sixth annual Toy Drive in partnership with the Department of Human Services.
Unwrapped games and monetary donations will be accepted on the following dates and locations:
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, November 26: Marshall, 1252 Richmond Road
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday 27 November: Kimball Theatre, 428 Duke of Gloucester Street.
• 10am-2pm on Saturday 4th December: Walgreens, 1309 Richmond Road
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday 11 December: Williamsburg Christmas Market, P6 Car Park (Building 300 off Francis Street)
Donations can also be dropped with the Department of Human Services, 401 Lafayette St. , or at Williamsburg Police Station, 425 Armistead Ave.
If you know which families in need would benefit from these trips, call the Department of Human Services at 757-220-6161.